Insulflex is a flexible and light weight elastomeric nitrile rubber material designed for thermal insulation. Insulflex insulation is black in colour, available in tubing and sheet form. The extruded flexible tubings are specially designed to fit the standard diameters of steel and copper pipings. Sheets are available in standard precut sizes or in rolls.
Insulflex expanded closed cell structure provides the ideal and most efficient vapour barrier for the prevention of condensation or frost formation on cooling systems,, chilled water and refrigerant lines,
Insulflex also retards heat loss for hot water plumbing and heating, dual temperature piping and solar systems. It protects pipes by acting as a vibration damper and giving protection against corrosion by atmospheric and industrial environment.
Insulflex inherent flexibility makes it ideally suited for the insulation of large surface area such as tanks, irregular shaped vessels, air-ducts and large diameter pipes.
Insulflex sheets and roll insulation are extremely flexible and especially adaptable to insulating ductwork, chillers, tanks, vessels and large pipes. It is the same high quality, elastomeric closed cell thermal insulation material as Insulflex tubing.
Characteristics and Advantages
Insulflex insulation material has been specially designed to provide the following features:
- Its low thermal conductivity (k value) which makes is highly efficient and effective in the insulation of cooling or heating systems.
- The hermetic blister closed cell structure forms and impermeable layer which is in itself a good vapour barrier.
- It is suitable for application within the temperature range of -40°C to 105°C.
- The material has been specially compounded to be self extinguishing in nature.
- Insulflex has excellent ozone and ultraviolet ray resistance.
- It is CFC, chlorine and fibre free and does not cause skin allergy.
- It is also inert to majority of chemical agents and neutral to pipe metals.
- The extreme flexibility of the material makes installation fast, easy, and economical.
- It is able to withstand tearing, rough handling and severe site conditions.
- Much lesser space is needed for Insulfex as a thinner wall is required due to its low k value as compared to other types of insulation.
- The smooth surface of Insulflex material gives the finished insulation a neat aesthetic appearance. No coating is need on most indoor installations.