AKS 38 is an electro-mechanical float switch.
The design is based on a mechanical float, which will operate in the refrigerant. When the set level is reached an electrical volt free micro (SPDT) switch will be activated.
The microswitch is located in the switch box which has a clear front cover and allows viewing of the switch position. The micro- switch is fully isolated from the refrigeration system and operates by means of a magnet.
AKS 38 is supplied with a DIN plug for the electrical connections. The microswitch provides volt free contacts to open/close solenoid valves or energise/de-energise contactors for the starting/stopping refrigerant pumps/ compressors.
Can be used as a device for acoustic alarms/ switches for visual indication when there is a danger of high or low liquid level.
The switch box can be placed in any position on top of the float housing for easy installation and can be replaced without any interference with the refrigeration system.
Flanges are included.
For the control and detection of liquid levels in:
- Liquid over-feed accumulators.
- Flooded surge drums.
- Flooded shell & tube chillers.
- High and low pressure receivers.
- Inter coolers.
- Use as low/high level switch to protect circulating pumps/compressors.
- Based on Danfoss float type 38E
- DIN, ANSI and FPT/NPT flanges
- The switch box can be placed in any position on top of float housing for ease of installation.
- Adjustable liquid level differential switch point.
- Electric magnetic microswitch, mechanically activated.
- The complete switch box can easily be replaced without any interference with the refrigeration system.
- Switch box supplied with a DIN plug for easy installation and service.
- Flanges included.
Can be used for all common non-flammable refrigerants, including R717 and non-corrosive gases/liquids dependent on sealing material compatibility. Flammable hydrocarbons are not recommended.
- Temperature range
- Pressure range
AKS 38 is designed for a max. working pressure of 28 bar g (406 psi g)
Should pressure testing in excess of 28 bar g (406 psig) be necessary then the internal float assembly must be removed, thus allowing a maximum test pressure of 42 bar g (609 psig).